Position Title: MARKETING PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Reports to: Manager, Marketing & Customer Service
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Fairfax, VA
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) has an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team! At NCCCO we develop effective performance standards for those working in and around cranes, acting as the authority for crane operation certifications. We have been committed to quality, integrity, and fairness in testing since 1995; with over 100,000 CCO-certified and counting.
NCCCO has an immediate opening for a Marketing Program Assistant. Our team uses superb communication, creative and critical thinking, and professionalism in implementing marketing plans and activities that guide stakeholders through the process of certification and recertification services. This position will have primarily administrative functions but will assist in copyediting, copywriting, working with program teams to finalize copy, graphic designs, and website content as well as assisting with management of several recognition programs and the NCCCO store. This is an exciting time for NCCCO as we redesign our work goals and priorities with new leadership. Joining our team at this time will present creative opportunities for the right candidate!
Organizing and managing the preparation of marketing materials for all NCCCO industry events activities. The incumbent will assist in maintaining, planning, producing, and coordinating logistics of for events, trade shows, brochures, videos, web pages, press releases, and other written materials; marketing program initiatives with stakeholders, electronic email marketing, and tracking promotional items—including updating electronic and published marketing materials as needed. The ideal candidate may participate in the analysis of statistical records or sales, mailings, and advertising efforts.
- Training Provider (TP) and Recognition Program
- Maintain TP spreadsheet
- Processing Training Provider applications for posting on website
- Creating TP certificates of recognition
- Certificate/Recertification Recognition Program
- Preparing reports for new certificate Experience Log Book Program and cost tracking
- Preparing/conducting mail merge for Star Recertification Recognition Programs
- Processing Crane Inspector Directory and logo use applications
- Employer Recognition Program
- Reviewing applications and maintaining database
- Assembling Employer Recognition packets for mailing
- Mailing renewal notification packets
- Media Coverage Tracking
- Maintaining press files as well as recognition and endorsement files
- General Marketing and Marketing Database Management
- Developing reports from Constant Contact as needed
- Assisting with CCOnline newsletter development
- Tracking newsletter and magazine articles published
- Assisting in product/publication orders and tracking
- NCCCO Merchandise/Store
- Review and reconcile monthly reports from fulfillment company
- Approving orders placed for recertificant recognition merchandise
- Process orders for products sold through NCCCO Headquarters
- Assist in inventory selections
- Brand Monitoring/Approval
- Searching internet for unauthorized use of NCCCO intellectual property
- Maintaining records of non-conformities, how they are addressed, and outcomes
- Approving the use of NCCCO logo/acronym
- Handbook Request Processing
- Providing Meeting Support Services
- Providing meeting and events support as needed
- Creating standard meeting documents
- Assist in coordinating event booth, equipment, and materials shipping
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Back-up to receptionist (as needed)
Education and/or Experience
NCCCO is seeking applicants who reflect and understand our values: Quality, Integrity, Fairness, Excellence, Service, and Respect. Qualified applicants may possess any combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Preferred qualifications are: Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and up to two years of relevant experience. A passion for and knowledge of the crane industry is a plus.
TO APPLY: Send how you heard about this job, cover letter, salary requirement, start date availability, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (use “[Your Name] – Marketing Program Assistant” in subject line) or mail to NCCCO, 2750 Prosperity Avenue, Suite 505, Fairfax, VA 22031-4312; Attention: Human Resources.
NCCCO is an equal opportunity employer.